Tuesday, 22 September 2015

Over the balcony..*zipped*

The gist of the conversation was that she wanted my mouth zipped - of course, not literally! - from talking about her.

We were sharing about the tribulations (oh!) in taking care of our respective parent (parents in her case), confusing office politic (no surprise at all!) and some how linked to the fact how surprise she was when a colleague in her section mentioned that if anything, she (the colleague) will get in touch with me since we (me and her) are neighbours! She don't like it at all, she said, " ..there is no need for colleagues to know where each other live, etc. etc. If anyone ask you about me, just say, you don't know anything!" I guess, that sort of answered my dilemma - to visit or not to visit when her parents are around.

The mother is having diabetes and the father has had a stroke - now recovering but with alzheimer's disease - not much on memory and no control of certain bodily functions. So, the mother is a bit anxious when people come for visits.

I don't like her one bit! Especially when she mentioned she knows better when it comes to publishing with a certain local publisher - not coz she has had her book published before! It is just the way she talked about it...and condescending to me. And I have no problem being put under a certain label like 'P*D and single' - for the book chapters. It hurted her -being labelled 'P*D, married and no kids'. But ti could have been worse, 'P*D, divorced with kids' or 'P*D, hubby passed away and there are kids'.

I dunno what got to me, I cooked my dendeng for coming Eid, large portion for Bro#1's house since mak will be there, smaller one for lunch at office today and another small ones for...maybe my sis#4's place! But then, I was thinking of her staying alone (hubby & parents had gone south for medical checkups) thus gave her a call to pass it over and somehow we got to chat for quite some time (my legs was killing me slowly since I was leaning on the railing with my feet on the sliding doors).

___

I sent my ride for routine servicing yesterday. I told the guy that during the last service, they called me up & said I need to have the brake fluid changed too. It costs around RM400.

So, while waiting for the service being done, I utilised the computer and internet to do some work plus catch up on my reading. Again, from the earlier estimated cost of service (RM400++ inclusive of discount for AC servicing currently on offer), the guy on the phone mentioned *surprise!* there is no need to change my brake fluid but (oh!) I do need to change my brake plate. And how much it cost? Another RM400+ on top of the current RM400+. Being clever (I hope not stupid this time around), I said no, then he said your windshield rubbers need changing too..still no coz I feel I had it changed quite recently. Then he said, your AC filter need to be changed too. All in all, I paid RM500++!

Even if I learn from last visit to schedule my appointment very early in the morning since the guys are fresher, I reached the parking at 7:46am only to be told those cars in front of me come much earlier (leave their car for servicing and go to work) and I was told to come before 8am when I asked for the first early slot!

And with no wash & vacuum this time around (it took forever - waiting till after 12pm last time - not enough staff I guess), I got the call - it is ready! -  before 10:30am and by 11am, I'm back in office!


No comments:

Syyy....<in-progress>

Alhamdulillah - Glory be to Allah, All Praise is for Allah, There is No God but Allah, Allah is the Greatest! I never thought - especi...