Tuesday, 8 April 2014

Juz 7

Mak la.. not me but *hungheadinshame* Typical of me, I have the know-how now but always find excuses not to read the verses. Even 110 verses of a surah takes me days!

Mak had a disadvantage childhood (at least to me). She did not went to formal school at all. She did learn how to read the Q*ran a bit but then she got married at the age of 14, moved places (S*ngapore, Cam*ron,  hometown & then a totally new settlement area) and went on to have 9+2 children. I guess, the emphasized back then was to be a good housewife, a mother and so much more. It wasn't helping that the societal leaning was more towards the much loved sons instead of daughters... but I heard stories - my maternal granddad was the best!

When I talked to her yesterday, she explained her feeling of being reluctant to leave home for  more than a couple of days. She is really looking forward to attend the daily session with the ustazah and later on each day practicing by herself using the digital version. She said, definitely will  have a pulut kuning moment to signify the completion of 30 juzuks! May Allah grants her wishes and give her ample time in this world to achieve it & blessed her with the rewards in the hereafter, insyaAllah and amin.

____

My first sewage bill arrived yesterday. RM8 per month???! That is more than double the amount I pay for water supply, i.e. RM5 (minumum rate) for every 2 month.
____

A reminder of how small is this world: a long, long time ago, somebody wrote an email to me about applying for an academic position in my institution. I replied by saying sorry but sorry there was no vacancies. But I did told him other avenues to try... lo and behold, today I met him for breakfast to welcome him as my new colleague (in another department).
____

I am sending material (with sample) for K'tan *wow!* to be sewn into raya kurung. Yes, it is still far ahead (not really if you are kind of forward thinking person like me) but then my hometown tailor who took more than 6 months to finish my last order had change her 'job' and no longer taking any orders. The other that I tried - not comfortable enough. The one that I have nearby at work place already stop taking orders even after much persuasion...at least I managed to squeeze in 3 pairs hehehe... She is complaining of getting sleepy every time she started to sew.. I guess, it is kind of a boring job, being alone at home, and as we get older, need to strain our eyes too. Even her husband is not helping, "How much more kurungs will be enough?" Haha! I guess... I always need one more pair of kurungs.. and the next one! What I did was...usually I did not come visit her empty handed, I brought her something like snacks, some home-baked choc cake and at one time, even roti canai telur! With the hope enough to sustain her for a long period to come.
___

Missing him. I do. I am angry too. I'm too old to play these games. How I wish to simply stop counting the days, erased memory of everything and never to cry again.

No comments:

Syyy....<in-progress>

Alhamdulillah - Glory be to Allah, All Praise is for Allah, There is No God but Allah, Allah is the Greatest! I never thought - especi...