Red light
Whenever I was at the front line during red light traffic, I felt deep satisfaction leaving behind other cars like 300-400 meters by zooming ahead! On Tuesday, as I was driving back after work (not yet 5pm, but then I arrived at the office before 7am) I stopped on the right lane at the traffic light with a junction going to the left. There was a Viva on the left lane. My eyes was on the traffic light on my RHS of the road for those coming out from the T-junction. I admitted I wasn't paying enough attention when the light turn green for our side, thus the Viva marched ahead of me - BANG!!!! The last car coming out of the junction chasing after the yellow light clipped the front corner of the Viva. Ouch...I am so thankful it wasn't me going fast as always when the light turn green. It could have been me being hitted! Ok-ok never again...
Missed my Friday noon aerobic sessions!
Since July, when we stopped the sessions due to Ramadhan & then followed by Eid. I was supposed to start it again by mid August, postponed to September and then I remember that I was not supposed to commit myself to it anymore since I want to be able to go anywhere and anytime (on and off campus) for my s*bbatical leave. And the instructor told me the the good news that finally nailed the coffin so to speak, she's pregnant! But actually, she offered to recommend her friend to replace for the time being, but I declined.
It hit me yesterday why am I getting slower and worsen my track record in all my running event lately...no more aerobic sessions which took care of my cardiovascular high-intensity exercise! All I have been doing is the normal 2,3 times weekly hit the gym session with 30-60 minutes on the treadmill, inclusive of the warming up and cooling down, I stretched using the dumbbell for some resistance in movement, used the ball for hip rotation too. That is all to it! No wonder my half-marathon time was not improving.
No comments:
Post a Comment