http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/30/new-years-resolution-weight-loss_n_6350210.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular
1. Lose weight
Hah! Maintained, must be due to build-up of muscles in my body..*ngeh2x*
2. Getting organized
I tried, I really tried...
3. Spend less, save more
I still spent and also save some at the same time, not necessarily more but should be enough I guess...
4. Enjoy life to the fullest
And no regrets!
5. Stay fit and healthy
I ran a total of 112km (8 events), compared to 72.84++km (also 8 events excluding hikings/climbing) in 2013 and even much lower, only 19.5km, when I first started back in 2012.
Nowadays, I went to the gym, make use of the treadmill at least a couple of times per week (I am hitting the 8 min/km mark more often now. My next target is to run 8km under 1 hour). Twice on weekdays and once on weekends. Since there is no more aerobic session post-Ramadhan & the instructor is currently pregnant & I'm on sabbatical leave.
6. Learn something exciting
How to: I set up a business as a sole trader, later to be converted into a partnership. Current account, supplementary credit card, instant transfer, proxy, and so much more to come! And to trust a stranger, literally...
7. Quit smoking
Not applicable to moi!
But, I do need to get a regular health screening for blood pressure and cholesterol. And switch from diets to lifestyle change in terms of my calories intake.
8. Help others in their dreams
My students are important to me - I would willingly do anything *subject to reasons; excluding spoon-feeding them* to help encourage them to pursue their dreams... of getting a first degree! Especially, in Economics!
I visited Orang Asli place in July for community work, and orphanage in October - both in Kelantan - Gua Musang & Gerik respectively. I wish I could do more!
9. Fall in love
More like, I fall out of love. But it's ok, really... I'm doing ok now. Redha & pasrah.
There are offers of matchmaking from different intermediaries, perhaps after I completed my sabbatical leave *take a break* I would really sit down and consider them.
10. Spend more time with family
Just had our now annual family holidays. Instead of going to the East Coast as planned, we had to switch to Northern region again due to the massive flooding. Alhamdulillah we made the right decision not to continue as planned even if mak really wanted to go to East Coast.
Timing suck literally, since year end holidays from X-mas til New Year. But, the main driver insisted on that available date.
I was in-charged of 12 people (now I know my humble abode can fit in at most 12/13 people by utilising all available space); a homestay in Perlis promised Wifi (very important selection criteria) but sadly it didn't work; separate shower and toilet are sufficient to cover for 12 people provided some wake up early hahaha!; even if we are not cooking but availability of working kitchen or at least a microwave oven is a must! For reheating foods & leftovers; basically home-cooked is preferred choice given that one leans towards Nasi Kandar Line Clear, another don't want! One leans towards nasi campur, another don't want rice! Aiyaiyai....
And visiting Penang Hill after lunch on a public holiday again? Never, ever! Long queue to buy the tickets, then long queue for the train & 'free' group photo opp, after a 5 minutes or so ride, a quick look around the crowded place, another long queue to go down! We were so lucky - it wasn't raining throughout the long wait. Oh, that 'free' group photo waited for you right outside the exit from the train on top - at RM35 per basic piece! They will try to sell you a different cover at a higher price, give you discount if only you buy 3 copies at RM90!
We went to Padang Besar (again for mak, but new for the some of us); they mentioned about wanting to go to Bukit Kayu Hitam la, Wang Klian la.. but my Perlis friend as well as colleagues also said sufficient with visiting PB only since all places are for shopping! Brooches (from Korea), Narita toto, kacang2, fridge magnets, tomyam paste, all from/represent Thailand! I bought 2 skirts!
Dinner at Restoren Nelayan, Kuala Perlis. Too bad, it was raining cats and dogs so we had to tapao foods and while waiting, the restaurant's worker was shoving water into the drainage. Similar situation at the 24hr convienience shop in the middle of the town.
Breakfast at the Al Sagoff stall by the roadside -very recommended! You got everything under one roof from nasi kandar, nasi kerabu/dagang, nasi lemak, roti canai, kuih-muih including cheese cakes! Wow-wow!
Again, visited rumah kelahiran Tun Dr M, open at 10am - no need to come so early. And Pekan Rabu, currently moved to Ukir Mall. Bought soya sauce (er?), kuih loyang (since everyone loved the ones that I have at home, given by k.Bibah), fridge magnet, ikan pekasam (the best!), kain batik tak licin punya from Terengganu (RM18 each), kuah rojak Mak Bee etc.
No need to rush back so we drove thru the countryside - by the padi field - wonderful! Someone was brave enough to ask permission to stop by the roadside to take photos & it was granted - surprise!
Lunch back in Penang, Chinese Muslim food - fantastic! In celebration of my b-day but I suspected only one person appreciated that fact since everyone was hungry by then. Should have ordered the signature lamb dish!
No comments:
Post a Comment