On Tuesday, December 22nd, I had my long last dream of getting into the water in Pantai Cenang, from about 5pm until before 7pm - happiness overloaded! Basically I just stayed 'floating' by planting my feet on the seabed with seawater level up to my waist high only hahahaha... There were others too but it was not crowded at all..given the vast stretch of the beach - Mat Salleh's nenek in bikini with her adult cucu, 2 lovely Minah Salleh ladies also in bikini, they all stayed for short period in the water; groups of Malay families - couple with 2 boys and another chap with his son. He noticed that I stayed long in the water - initiated the conversation, sharing where he came from & even told me about his house in Seremban, next to the surau in white fence wall - after I told him that I'm from Penang but originally from N9. The wife was too tired after shopping at Kuah. Paraglide offer at only RM60 - normally RM80, with insurance coverage too! If you are scared, can go tandem with the instructor.
On the return flight, I sat next to one Bengali guy on my RHS - he reeked of alcohol and told me later he stayed late until 2am with 2 Spanish ladies but he didn't sleep with them even if they asked him to. We got to talk and he is a hotel manager (co-partners with Malays) in KT, Brickfield & the latest Pantai Cenang which has just open last week. He talked about his lost love, a Malay lady named Su/Zu something. He kinda regretted not marrying her. She got married 1st, then him. But she came back to him after that which led to her getting divorced. Eventually she got married again, he is separated/divorced from his wife and now found a new partner and they still keeping in touch with each other over the years. His reason of not marrying her - being an eldest son, the tradition of carrying the family's name and it would broke his parents' heart. He is so comfortable with Malay culture and Islam and everything. And he is comfortable talking to me too - being an open person. He told me she took care of him whenever he came to Sabak Bernam, even her mak accepted him like an adopted son - on her passing away, it caused an uproar when he joined the burial ceremony at the graveside but her brother took his side by explaining to the neighbours - he's like a son to the mother! Every morning, she even prepared his milk drink as well as place for his prayer - just like a Muslim - I guess they co-habited early on...He told me, now that his son has a Chinese girlfriend - he won't stand between their happiness. His eldest daughter already married with lavish ceremony - Samy V*llu is family friend, Sh*hrizat also came and few others ministers. She is already a Director at such a young age at a private university college in KL.
He still keep in touch with the ex-wife and take good care of her. I asked - he also provided well for his current partner, not thinking of marriage but in case of anything happen, she is well provided for. She is now resigned to the fact - no kids for them. And his children are now accepting his partner too.
On Saturday, December 26th, I 'floated' on Mi*mi Beach, Bt Feringghi - I noticed the sand (more like small pebbles) wasn't as soft and fine as Cenang Beach, with murky water, and stronger waves. Given that only me and my nephew were in the water, it was just a short session indeed - the rest of the family were having a breakfast picnic under the tree shade.
Overall, 2 nights in Lkw, 1 night in CH and followed by trip back to Pen - it was tiring indeed but I would do it all over again for mak! She mentioned her last trip to Lkw was before I started secondary school - some 28 years ago! - and her last flight was for umrah back in 2004.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Syyy....<in-progress>
Alhamdulillah - Glory be to Allah, All Praise is for Allah, There is No God but Allah, Allah is the Greatest! I never thought - especi...
-
My eldest bro's flight to Jeddah departed very early this morning (I was in lalaland & far away up north pun). Mudah2an umrahnya dib...
-
I came a bit early last evening around 9 pm. The day before, I came back after 10 pm and got mad because the basket of clothes remained un...
No comments:
Post a Comment