I first wrote in my earlier blog in July 2006.
I was in my 3rd year of P*D study and already moved out of on-campus accommodation with both 'diploma & degree', i.e. after a FT 6 years stay.
I moved to a shop-lot unit shared with 2 other peoples who come and go until mid 2008.
Came to Penang on 30 January 2009.
So what's new for 2016?
I've done my 1st snorkeling in Kr*bi (14-17 February ladies' trip) and gone horribly sea-sick afterwards.
I can take care of mak for 5 continuous weeks from Dec 2015- Jan 2016, all by myself. It was a daily struggle to make sure breakfast and lunch were ready before I went to office and still maintain normal office hours and only going out on weekends - girls day out - no cooking!
Now that my mak is with my siblings in N9, I really struggle to wake up early for qiam, cooking tapau lunch and reach the office early. I'm becoming lazier day by day......
I have a adopted a stray cat as my 'anak bulu'. Even my mak said, 'Anak kau tu...' (Your son..) when talking about K*Puteh.
Now that I'm appealing to go for hajj for this coming hajj season, mak is already worried over who's taking care of him. I left him at the boarding for long Xmas break (Sunday to Sunday), out station workshop (Sunday to Thursday) and Kr*bi holiday (Saturday to Wednesday). Upon reaching home, he slept next to me at nights and even licked my hair and kneaded my back/neck and whatever upon his reach. With his long claws!!
Basically, I have all that I want in life and nothing more.. I'm happy indeed!
Oh, w.r.t. power struggle at the office - I was unofficially one of the deputies for only about 1 week. I was nominated & I kindly rejected through email but still called for meeting to discuss on Thursday. I said my reasons, like do appoint others more senior academics but none of the person approached by the dean were willing to accept the position and there were others who are more than interested but not approach at all for some reasons or others.
My mistakes were in going around asking opinion of others (selected people) on whether to accept or to reject. So, one person who wasn't in the know now came to know and told me why would you want to do this petty jobs who eventually talked to the dean to appoint another person of his choice instead.
So, by the following Wednesday, I received an urgent call for meeting from the D*an's office. Knowing that there was already a scheduled meeting later in the afternoon, it was the signal to me of what was to come...
I am ok really, I didn't want the position and I only accepted it for reasons related to the school, not personal. However, it was kinda awkward to come to meeting and people congratulated me ...sorry, you're only 15 minutes too late! Hahaha
Now, I have received another appointment letter, this time around however, no money/allowance involved so I guess nobody wants it too. Let's see whether the following 22 months is enough to prove them wrong!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Syyy....<in-progress>
Alhamdulillah - Glory be to Allah, All Praise is for Allah, There is No God but Allah, Allah is the Greatest! I never thought - especi...
-
My eldest bro's flight to Jeddah departed very early this morning (I was in lalaland & far away up north pun). Mudah2an umrahnya dib...
-
I came a bit early last evening around 9 pm. The day before, I came back after 10 pm and got mad because the basket of clothes remained un...
No comments:
Post a Comment