Wednesday, 22 May 2013

So much on my mind..

..thus, I need to keep a diary again - so many things to learn & I'm afraid I'll make the same mistakes over and over again (which I need to avoid to do so).

1. The meeting to elect the new committee members for the unofficial welfare body was held today. I wasn't aware of the politics involved in electing the members. To me, as long as I served my time to this day I don't really care who got elected. But alas, things are not as simple or straight as that...there's always a motive behind every moves and each and every one of it are interlinked. P/s: I know now I can never play chess or poker!

2. I headed a section meeting yesterday. Halfway thru, one of the members simply collapsed to the side. Thank God, she did manage  to mention earlier to us girls (before the two guys joined in) that she's been taking emergency leaves for the past two weeks in order to get treated for - I do not know how to actually say this in English - 'disturbance from the unseen' (perhaps?). She's having the symptoms for the past two months. At first, she thought, it was the usual culprit - you know, our monthly - but then she's losing sleep at night & to the extent of affecting her marital relationship (whatever that means since, er, I am not supposed to know) with the husband. So, she's been going the mosque to get treatment, even as far as KL to meet the famous local Ustaz (she fainted in the room when came face to face with the Ustaz) but that things keep coming back. It seems that she was having the disturbance  too during the drive to main office building (her office is elsewhere) and while the meeting is ongoing (her legs getting numb - one of the symptoms) too so she started to recite the Ayatul Kursi before she collapsed..

I was really hopeless when it came to this kind of things. Somebody called the varsity ambulance. Somebody else called the Ustaz from the varsity's mosque. I called one of the other colleagues upstairs with instruction for her to call anyone to help...and I stayed by her side almost throughout the incident. Er, eventually later I thought of calling the husband & by that time he's already on the way - it seems that someone else got to it earlier. The emergency teams came in & looked at the situation - asking kinda silly questions like can she stand up? If she can smile already, there is no need for the ambulance service..honestly, there's nothing much that they can offer in term of treatment except for some tranquillizing shot perhaps?

I do not know how to describe her situation really, she passed out, started making keening or wailing voice (really scary, everyone outside experiencing goosebumps!), then she came to herself, before passing out again & the cycles repeated. Throughout the time, my Chinese colleague asked me, "Baca Rad, baca Rad!) She meant for me to recite the verses from the Quran. Another male colleague & one of the deputy dean came in too & joined me in reciting the verses. He asked me (if I dare to) to hold one of the toes while reciting the verses. Honestly, I wasn't too sure what was the verses that were most suitable in such 'occasion' - so I just recited the al Fatihah, the 3 Quls, Ayatul Kursi, syahadah etc. again & again. I have to confess that I kinda forgot some the verses too, nauzubillah...
I wasn't that brave but I have had the experience of histeria during my secondary boarding school years - so that gave me the sense to be there & not running away in other direction.

The ustaz came in & recited more verses from the Quran (meaning Ayatul Kursi, 3 Quls are perfectly acceptable) and make long doa. She's keening louder & making strange sound... (To be continued)

What I need to remember for now:
1. Emergency leave (EL) is not good in terms of end of year appraisal - if possible, apply for leave before hand - if I had too, never take/apply EL for more than 3 consecutive days. If I had too, split  into 3 days, 2 days and so forth.
2. As the section head, I should have asked for clarification earlier when she's been away on EL for the last two weeks. Er, I did ask her on May 7th, and she gave a vague reply  - a family member sickness.

No comments:

Syyy....<in-progress>

Alhamdulillah - Glory be to Allah, All Praise is for Allah, There is No God but Allah, Allah is the Greatest! I never thought - especi...