Wednesday, 17 June 2009

No.li.me.ta.nge.re

Totally not related to 'Noli me tangere' but relevant to my point below:
(From COED) nolens volens
•whether a person wants or likes something or not. Willing or not willing.
____
It was a book title which I did come across long ago – was it primary or secondary school’s history lesson? Can’t remember now. Fast-fast go google!!! A-ha, I found it! Meaning, ‘Don’t touch me’.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:
Noli Me Tangere (commonly referred to by its shortened name Noli) is a novel written in Spanish by Filipino writer and national hero José Rizal, first published in 1887 in Berlin, Germany.
___

I don’t know about you, but I found out pretty much recently that I hated it when people encroach my personal space – you know, the air bubble that surrounds you which is defined as your personal right, even much more - any part of the body. I just love my own space!

At the same time, I can’t deny the fact that I like being hug, touch or pat appropriately. Like a pat on my shoulder literally for a well done job, a hug when I’m down, between family and friends, a little touch here and there…I do love hugging and patting my (still kids) nephews and nieces’ body (it’s encouraged especially for orphans – as a mark of loving attention to them, taught by prophet Muhammad-peace be upon him). Just imagine the cats purring when patted…Oohhh! The feeling is so undescribable! (maybe because I’m not a cat huh? And cats can’t talk anyway.)

What I couldn’t stand is people who literally touch me to prove a point or something, many times indeed when I just happened to be the one standing next to her (if man, surely not allowed to touch a non-muhrim kan? No-no, don’t you dare!) while conversing with a few other people. It’s like trying to monopolize my attention, grabbing or directing my attention only to her while others are also deserving of my focus. It’s ok if you do it once or twice in one sitting, but for every sentence uttered? Annoyed the hell out of me as I couldn’t focus on the conversations (my thought keep on straying to, “No-No, do not touch me!!!” Once. Twice… Soon to be followed by, “Hiyakkkk!!!” *uncontrollable chopping motions or flying kicks – dream on!*

What more can top that detestable action? When you, a mere colleague, suddenly decided to be superfriendly lovey (In Public?) by hugging my waist (or the lack of it). Why was there a need to show that we’re goody-buddy?

One of my sister, definitely she wasn’t born with such ‘gene’ otherwise I would have fallen victim to it myself. However, I notice in recent years that she has the tendency to do the same – maybe the results of too much lepakking with her ‘kind of neighbours’ – you know, friendly to a point of ‘getting under each other skins’ – euww…. If only I could tell her (without hurting her feeling), “Just stop it willya?”

I’m really getting to a point of no return where I might live to regret my action or disavow few colleagues/friends/family members…help!

P/s: I don’t know whether you notice this already or not, I’ve been repeating, ‘you know - I don’t know…’ Doesn’t it just annoy you deep down inside??

A-ha!! That is exactly what I’m feeling….

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha my friend..can i try to that to u during our next meet up? (when eh?) hehe...

dlt said...

hehe... can i hug u now,rad? hug sikit2, cuit sikit2... hehe...

rad said...

Haha my friend, TRY ME!!! (if you dare!!) Hahahaha...
*rad who is a holder of red belt in silat kuntau tekpi Malaysia (eh, berlagak kah?) & bits of aikido still in her heart & movement*

dlt,
Salam & hugs are normal lah...acceptable behaviour. Cuit sikit2 pun boleh.....jgn lebey2, nanti ada yang sentaps!! OH!!

Hazia said...

hehe... talk about personal space. I love my own new office. Room with a view and my notebook faces away from the door. Can put on any music I like. My previous office was a mess.

Hazia said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
rad said...

Hazia,
Good for you - so can we expect uncontrollable burst of words/stories from you? Hahaha...

Syyy....<in-progress>

Alhamdulillah - Glory be to Allah, All Praise is for Allah, There is No God but Allah, Allah is the Greatest! I never thought - especi...