This incident happened during my last balik kampung trip. I decided to drive home since I took Monday off and thus, 4 days of Malaysia day long weekend holiday.
When I stopped to fill up petrol in the nearby town, I was happy and smiling since in small town, we get the petrol attendant to fill up on our behalf - weeeeeeeeehooooooooo!!!
I just rolled down my LHS window and stated the amount with the card - without even switching off the engine *wrong thing to do #1*. Then the deed was done, smiled & said my thank you - I just drove off. Danggg!! *Damn it!!*
I totally forgotten about the cone in the box in front of me. Of course I saw it when I drove in but when I drove off - from my lowered perspective (seat on maximum high; have to admit, I'm still on the shorter side) of behind the PKE steering, I couldn't see it at all!
That was week before last week. And I got to front & checked it only recently - scratches & lots of them (it could have been worse, isn't it?). It pained me to see it since the car was only about 3 years in my possession & I had the front & back repainted/touch-up late last year - for another stupid moment - major scratch, coming up the ramps inside my building before balik kampung for raya last year!
____
I love taking photos and sharing them with my friends and colleagues. Not just to upload them in Fb, I often took the trouble to email the photos to the respective persons in each photos. Then, I came across Fl*pagram - way too cool to enjoy the photos now with music & tags!
Last Thursday was the office's official photographer (kind of) last day before he retires after 41 *gasp!) long years of service. I like him enough (we worked in projects together) & appreciate all he had done which often gone beyond the call of duty. So, I took photos of the farewell party & immediately send them (photos in video) to everyone in the mailing list before the punch-out at 5:10pm.
Some colleagues replied with thank you. Most of them usually.. but, but there was this particular one: "Why there is no photo of me? ...was it because I'm no longer the boss here?" The second sentence actually came from me. Yes, there is no photo of you because the focus of my camera is the one who is retiring. I took photos of everyone who were with him - the retiring one, in case you forget. To the best of my knowledge, there is no plot or whatsoever to deny you the opportunity to have your photo taken. There are others who took photos of the occasion too. I'm fed-up with your selfish thinking: not everything is about you! And I won't bother to acknowledge your email with a reply!
___
No comments:
Post a Comment