Wednesday, 6 May 2015

20150427 What’s new?

Well, I’m done with searching for The One – mi amour - all I have had the opportunities so far to met, only Frog Princes - and I’m FOUR-ZERO this year. Nope, no pressure at all, I’m quite sure by now if it’s meant to happen, it will happen... with the right person for moi!

I am grateful to Allah for all his endless blessings: I have my mak (so many of my close colleagues are now with no parent(s), either ones or both) and my still complete-8 relatively healthy siblings (3 brothers and 5 sisters; we started to discuss our pain in body parts here and there now) as well as 31 nephews and nieces, and still counting! They are all in my hometown or close by with exception of 1 or 2 nephews who are now soldiers based in KT & PD.

I am the one being far away (it is 5 ½ hour drive – best record so far; non-stop except once to fill up petrol, need to speed up a bit lor hence very early morning departure usually after Subuh) but I’m not complaining since my families love to drive up north and visit me. One SIL is already considered an honorary visitor with the most number of visit per annum: 4 times last year!

I love my work! I love my colleagues, well obviously not all of them but I have enough; some of them as my close friends; I volunteered at the Botanical Garden ; I am now a runner! I run HM for less than 3 hours – personal best of 2:45 (cannot compared to the winner of 1:14 hehehe). My pacing used to be 8:30 to 9 minute per km when I first started back in 2012 but now I am aiming for less than 7:30 minute, 6 minute to be exact – so that I can complete my 10K in under 1 hour *dream on*.

My abode – well, it is really a 20 stories apartment with my 850 sq ft unit on the 15th floor; balcony facing the sunset, wow -  alhamdulillah! I have yet to fully decorate the house, still thinking of the perfect wall paint colours vs wallpaper and stuff but I have had the housewarming with family and friendsin 2013; Eid parties twice in 2014 to accommodate limited space for sit-down guests as well as to separate the academic ladies and adminsitrative staff – easier to tackle, there were those who love to bring along their beloved hubbies even if I said in the invitation – ladies only! I have good neighbours in general (except for one); 4-poster bed (my princess bed, I called it), well-equipped kitchen (plus airfryer – hahaha seldomly used, pemanggang ajaib – never used, still in its box; minus microwave coz it is bad for us) such that I was able to take in a long-time guest (never, ever again – long story here) but I’m now thinking of joining AirB&B .. No bathtub in the unit but the apartment does have a non-Olympic size pool and wading pool for kids, separate gym for men & women – perfect for my training (except it opens at 9am,  on a Sunday? Come on,  I’m a morning person!)

On last week basic medical check up, the nurse complimented me on my good heart pressure and sugar level readings. I need to continue signing up for running events (next PBIM in November 22nd) and keep up my training. I, sort of, lost my running partner recently – she’s still having knee problem (she took 4 ½ hours to complete our last HM) & nowadays move on to cycling. And come September hopefully, I’m going to start again the weekly Friday noon ladies’ aerobic session. I would love to climb Kinabalu again, or Jerai (with a resort stop at the top – wow!) or any other mountains/hills – yet to do Broga or Gunung Datok in N9.

I have had also the opportunity to attend 5 basic Hajj courses – I am  appealing to go for Hajj with my two brothers and their respective wives. I really hope that I will get the offer soon so that I can make serious preparation to go from now, insya-Allah.

Surprisingly I am jotting this down at the library – the same place where I used to be, back during my miserable years. I’m only half miserable this time, hahaha.. trying to write my paper(s) now. I still have good friends here, to stay overnight with as well as join me for dinner (breaking of fast today).
On the same day I found out the reawakening of the bloggers...


No comments:

Syyy....<in-progress>

Alhamdulillah - Glory be to Allah, All Praise is for Allah, There is No God but Allah, Allah is the Greatest! I never thought - especi...