During long lunch break today, Ss, Nr & me went to visit kak Mz. She was part of my phd buddies during the 'long gestation period' in u*m (even if she was not actually registered in our faculty). On recent Wednesday, Ss passed the shocking news that Mz's hubby passed away last Tuesday - it was so unexpected! He was driving to work, perhaps had some sort of a sudden heart attack (no earlier history) and crashed onto a street light upon merging into the main traffic at highway.
And she was crying while we're listening to her immediate experience upon getting that phone call! She told us the importance of not locking our phone, in her hubby's case, lucky he brought along another phone from which the passerby used to make calls to the kids (based on call history: those two in school - not picking up - no hp in school even, then the one in college). Then her only son - the one in college- called her (who was driving to work in another direction) & said only that the father has had an accident and the ambulance was on the way. In actual fact, the father passed away immediately upon impact - total loss/damage to the car.
According to her, he was a very good son (taking care of his mother who lives together with them) & a loving husband as well as doting father to their 4 kids. The good ones are usually taken early... I remembered the story that she told us a long, long time ago (seems to me like that), how sweet their early relationship was.. she had many admirers but he was the brave one, thus they got married while still studying in US. In particular, since she was petite while he was considered huge, he used to carry her literally!
I feel her loss...to a certain extent, I can only imagine...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Syyy....<in-progress>
Alhamdulillah - Glory be to Allah, All Praise is for Allah, There is No God but Allah, Allah is the Greatest! I never thought - especi...
-
My eldest bro's flight to Jeddah departed very early this morning (I was in lalaland & far away up north pun). Mudah2an umrahnya dib...
-
I came a bit early last evening around 9 pm. The day before, I came back after 10 pm and got mad because the basket of clothes remained un...
No comments:
Post a Comment