A colleague of mine is looking for a suitable candidate for her daughter, 30 yo. During one of those lunch at pantry, she mentioned this in front of others including my single neighbour but no response from him.
During one of the talk that I attended at this side of the world (where I am based now), I came across a guy - much junior, he is 32 yo - we have met a couple of times before during workshops as he is a friend of a friend (but not really my friend, more like an acquaintance). Given that there was some confusion w.r.t. to access to the venue, we got to talk while walking around the building and eventually sat down next to each other - since I know no one else there..
What we got to talk about? Well, the fact that he is still single and looking ...and me being kind, elder-sisterly and friendly, I shared my experience about guys & dating - at least from female's point of view. Like my last match-make date, the guy didn't even ask for exchange of phone numbers! He said, "I already asked for your number!"
Indeed, he did... but much junior, remember?
After a couple of days meeting him, I thought of doing everyone a favour - put those two together - the mom looking for a guy for her daughter and him being single and all that. I contacted my colleague - she agreed. I contacted him - he agreed too, after which I asked him to think about it for 3 days (& nights of prayers) - after all he is quite a religious person.
When I called him again to pursue the matter, he told me this story:
Basically he got to know one of his students' elder sister on Fb. She is a lawyer, tall (one of his criteria) and from nearby (same home state). They were friends - got closer on Fb, never declared anything yet. Then, one day recently they got to talk about the age difference of a couple of years - 2 years if I'm mistaken - and settling down. He asked for some time to think about it... At the same he had a trip to a neighbouring country. After about 2 weeks to 1 month, he came back and his family and friends are all saying yes & the parents are ready to visit the family of the girl. But sadly, he was 15-minutes too late - he received her wedding invitation instead!
It seems that she asked him about the issue before hand due to a wedding proposal received by her parents who then said, if she got no one else or a boyfriend, why not settled down with this proposal guy - who is a son of a family friend or something. Given that no news for quite some time from him (my unlucky male friend), she felt that she had no other options other than to accept the proposal for marriage! That guy, the one who proposed, knew how lucky he is to get her thus the wedding was arranged within such a short period of - a month! My friend was heart-broken...
Well, I'm now in a difficult place - I already arranged for exchange of photos between him and the mother of the girl as well as the girl's phone number. I told him, just go to the wedding and don't forget to bring a wedding gift or something - you are not meant to be with her, just wish her the best and move on lah...
Until today, I have yet to ask him on his moves - Did he contact the girl? ...and I'm scared - what if the mother ask me?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Syyy....<in-progress>
Alhamdulillah - Glory be to Allah, All Praise is for Allah, There is No God but Allah, Allah is the Greatest! I never thought - especi...
-
My eldest bro's flight to Jeddah departed very early this morning (I was in lalaland & far away up north pun). Mudah2an umrahnya dib...
-
I came a bit early last evening around 9 pm. The day before, I came back after 10 pm and got mad because the basket of clothes remained un...
No comments:
Post a Comment