Note: I wonder why I didn't publish this one from such a long, long time ago?
___
Monday, early morning - I regretfully fb-announced the lost of my relatively new white-grey-&pink-girly sport shoes (my mistake – left it outside & overnite for airing) after serving moi for only a month!?
Now, the Shoe Thief left me with no other choice except to go ahead & buy that (almost) RM300 & made-of-leather shoes!! Wroarrrr!! Expensive for sure!!!
Ops, ok – lets start again.
Last Sunday, for the first time, I went for a jogwalk at the Kebun Bunga. But, I’ve been consistently jog (okey-okey, brisk walk if you prefer it that way) in & around campus, or at the lakeside, a couple of times during weekdays or weekend – so that good sporty shoes are really important to me. The old ones that I’ve had been using are so worn out, after more than 2 & a half year of usage, such that the right hand side sole is in danger of breaking apart… On the occasion of a new place & new jog-buddy(s), I thought – I deserved a replacement!
Since I’ve just moved here, at The Island– no salary yet – I couldn’t see myself wasting my Mak’s Precious-Given $$ unnecessarily. So, even if my heart yearn for that Dark & Handsome Shoes which is made of genuine & full leather & very costly – after much look around with my personal shopper cum advisor at the Queen’s Mall – I had to settle for that non-measly & still costly RM69.90 rubber & synthetic girly ones with a promise to wait for the next sale (put permanently marker on the Store) & have to remind myself to set aside some $$ from now on - for that Handsome One. Not that I had ever buy a whatever-shoes which cost me more than RM150! *dilemma*
Why would I be a sucker for that Handsome One? Well, back when I was doing my 1st degree – during one of the winter student gathering, they organized a jungle trekking somewhere in Wales. Came totally unprepared, but don’t want to miss the opportunity to traverse the backwater & mountain area, I had to buy a suitable shoes on the spot! Couldn’t be bother with the price – well, it was still relatively cheap there anyway. And, wearing that shoes – it felt so heavenly – so light (winter shoes are heavier), I was flying!! Trodding upon the countryside, with unexpected flakes (or was it ??) falling…..making merries with friends – loads of them..
Fast forward a good 6, 7 years after that, the shoes had served me (& one peminjam at least) on alternate days of (real) jog at the stadium track or in training. Too bad, as I tend to take things for granted & simply assumed that everybody is kind blablablah…..I left the shoes in the ho(s)tel (alongside other personal things too) during one semester break (already started my 3rd degree by then). I guess, someone chance upon & took one look at them thus thought, “..how nice the shoes will shod his/her feet during gutter-cleaning etc.!”
P/s 1: BTW, where are the infamous monkeys of the Kebun Bunga? None to be seen at all. I was desolate. The one & only monkey we saw earlier, half-way to Kebun Bunga, was coolly crossing the road using the electric cable!
P/s 2: If, and only if, I ever get my hand on that Handsome One, he gonna ‘sleep’ with me on the other side of the door! *In the mean time, had to mend my old ones lor..or no jog at all?*
P/s 3: Hear ye, hear ye!! I cast a spell from here, now & after, that the Shoe Thief’s Whatever-Shoes will cause him/her an eternal discomfort, gangrene, bisul, cagu (muahahahaa!!) & thus Smelliest Feet over the Seven Seas!!!
*Told ya, don’t mess with me*
Unless s/he repent..(no need to return my shoes back coz it will be smelly & infectious too)
P/s 4: If you thought that I purposely ‘entice’ the Shoe Thief – Teett!! Sorry you’re dead wrong – I live in a ‘gated community’, end of the road. There’s only 12 mini-apartment for mostly singles in the 3-storey block. The family with 3 kids downstairs left a whole rack of shoes outside their door. Not even the three resident-doggies which kind of adopt themselves (but very respectful of us-human) around are interested!
No comments:
Post a Comment