I love French - whatever basic French language that I still remember after almost 18 years; 'moi' for I and 'amour' for love. Add a dash of Manglish, ah moy! And mixed them well - perfecto (which is Spanish, of course).
---
Last Labour Day weekend, one of my SIL's niece got married. To a foreigner - Pak*stani. Nothing new to shout about except for her mahar or dowry of RM30K! Yes, exactly RM30,000. In fact for Selangor, the standard dowry is RM300. In comparison, my neighbour's step daughter got engaged on the same day with said/expected dowry of RM12K. Both are graduates - well, worth mentioning I guess.
---
So today, a well-meaning colleague pushed me from a distance to accept a friend request on Fb. From her contractor, a Pak*stani guy with PR, wife passed away, excellent credential and everything. Initially, when she asked whether I'm ok marrying a foreigner with PR, I just said, as long as the guy is 1. not married and 2. take care of his solat, I'm ok.
But immediate friend request from him? Got me scared already. So basically I chickened out, i gave the excuse of not ready to let go, still thinking of the last one blablabla.. I'm thinking, what is the probability that this guy would understand me *being a very difficult me* and still stand by my side? We come from different background, culture and everything..
---
There was this one guy closer to me in terms of relative distance - well, we work under the same roof. I kept my distance from him since 2010 due to some misunderstanding on my part - no knocking/barge in on his door, not saving his number in my contact list. As recent in January, he messages - I was out-stationed, obviously he got my no. from other colleague - with respect to a proposal for a programme. Then a series of recent occurrence make me questioned his motive: asking me to send him to the airport just because the normal taxi wasn't available at the last minute; giving only me (normal practice - just put any food on the table at the pantry for everyone in the office) a huge slice of cake in pretty box, knocking on my door and asked for not really important things BUT when I showed some responses I guessed he is not ready & chickened out - a repeat of yesteryear! I am giving him lot of space for now...literally.
---
And there was the proposal at home on March 19th 2015. At the age of almost 40, at last somebody in my hometown noticed me, sufficient to send someone (a neighbour) with a marriage proposal. Alas, it was rejected straight away and I was only informed afterward. He is about my 2nd bro age of about 55/56, with his wife passed away, mature kids, used to be the assistant manager in my hometown such that the official residence was in front of my mak's place. So, the reasons being: he didn't treated his late wife right - shouted at her in public, cat-fighted with my sister, hurt my mak's feeling on one occasion such that she said, if he marries me then she will have to hate her son-in-law forever. Ouch.
---
And there was that one date, almost a date, at the ripe age of almost 40 again, in mid January. I was willing to make the effort of going out of my way just to meet him, it was organized by the matchmaker but after 1 hour of sitting together in front of other people, i realized he is not going to do anything ...still not exchanging our hp number to this day. No, nothing.
---
Well, if you managed to read this far, basically this blog is all about my quest for the One. Not the most perfect but just perfect for moi. I really thought I have found him, I waited years for him (between 2010 and 2015 and maybe I'm still waiting; did you guy watch that yo*tube/fb video on catfight with script for lovers' quarrel? hahaha) ...but he is not ready yet. Any excuse is a good excuse huh?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Syyy....<in-progress>
Alhamdulillah - Glory be to Allah, All Praise is for Allah, There is No God but Allah, Allah is the Greatest! I never thought - especi...
-
My eldest bro's flight to Jeddah departed very early this morning (I was in lalaland & far away up north pun). Mudah2an umrahnya dib...
-
I came a bit early last evening around 9 pm. The day before, I came back after 10 pm and got mad because the basket of clothes remained un...
2 comments:
as for me, my knight of shinning armour lost his way in finding me
Hi Yati,
Thank you for leaving a few words hehehe.. Perhaps, in your case, you could provided him *wherever he is right now* with a map/trail direct to you?
Post a Comment